Thursday 19 February 2015

Urban Decay Day Look: First Idea


This is the first look I designed in the style of Urban Decay for a daytime look. I started by applying a base of Kryolan alabaster foundation mixed with matte primer and buffed well into the skin. I then contoured with G177 foundation. Then I powdered the skin well to make sure it looked matte. Next I applied a MAC blusher in 'stay pretty' t the apples of the cheeks to create a pink hue on the skin. Then I filled in the brows with a Georgio Armani brow pot in 'amber' to give a solid brow look. I then lined the waterline with a black kohl pencil and then created the black liner flicks with a gel liner. I then mixed a bright metallic pink loose Inglot eyeshodow with a potion to liquidize it and applied that in the same style as the black flick to each eye. I then also applied this shadow mix to the lips. Finally I finished my look with a few coatings of mascara and some Ardell false lashes in 'demi whispies'. I also experimented with putting some more pink liner under the eye.  

 
 
 

I am quite pleased with the way my design turned outs it is a simple look but I believe it embodies the Urban Decay style which is slightly more unusual than a traditional day time make-up look but without being too over the top. I prefer the pink just on the upper lid as it is in the first three images. The images could have been improved by being taken in a studio and also my eye lids are quite dry so the look may have worked better and had a nicer finish if I had used another model. I could have also added a bit more blush to the cheeks as you can't really see it very well on camera. 



No comments:

Post a Comment